Monday, April 25, 2022

Day 24

Trail miles: 17

Total: 285.6




Not too much happened today so l’ll spend most of this post complaining about my night. It started off windy as usual, but this time I kept getting a face full of sand blown into my face from under my vestibule. I turned away thinking that would solve the problem, but I just woke up at midnight to a thick layer of dirt covering everything in my tent including my camera. I got up two or three times to redo my tent vestibule to lower the doors and block the sand before I just gave up and built a rock wall to stop it. After finally going to sleep again, I woke up to 3 inches of snow outside. Good news is the only thing that was wet was my socks, but I had a backup pair to use. I dug out some gallon ziplock bags to wear in between my socks and crocs to walk through the snow to the pit toilet. It was so beautiful outside so I couldn’t stay upset. We cranked out another 17 mile day and got into camp early because it was too cold to take long breaks today. I used my afternoon to watch a movie on HBO and stay warm in my sleeping bag. Krista is catching up with the Fantastic Beasts movies so we can watch the new one in town. Raechel read her book and mentioned how peaceful it was to get to camp like this and chill. There is no wind right now so fingers crossed it stays that way. We might hit 300 miles tomorrow!

No comments:

Post a Comment