Wednesday, April 20, 2022

Day 22

 Trail miles: 0

Total: 266.1






Zero days are very busy because we want to resupply but also eat everything and explore the town. First was resupply. The Dollar General had perfect serving packages for cheap. The best was that I could keep variety in my food supply which I learned I definitely need. Then I found squeeze peanut butter at Stater Bros Market so I got 2 of those. Much lighter than a jar of peanut butter and I don’t have to get my spoon dirty. We have over 90 miles to hike before the next town so 7 days of food, but this section includes the McDonalds on trail! So one less dinner to pack out. This section also includes the hot springs! I better not see any naked people or worse, poop. I picked up my new biker shorts at the post office and we then ate some appetizers at the Big Bear Lake Brewing Company. Raechel had her PT appointment with Dr Llach which she was raving about when we got back. Also we are glad she is feeling better after almost losing her camera photos and having stomach pains. For dinner we had a 7 hiker potluck and I made green bean casserole. Brad was very stressed because we had instant charcoal instead of the good stuff. I have no idea what that means, but I’m happy to listen. I feel very full! The weather looks cold for the next couple days so some people have opted for a double zero. We will decide tomorrow, but probably won’t.


No comments:

Post a Comment