Wednesday, April 13, 2022

Day 15

 Trail miles: 0

Total: 179.4



So the best part of today, hence why I added all three photos of him, was when we got to meet the mayor of Idyllwild, who is a golden retriever named Max. 

While working on chores before heading to town, I asked the PCT 2022 Facebook page if there was anywhere to buy memory cards. No one had any suggestions, but a trail angel who was planning on driving from San Diego to Idyllwild offered to pick me up a couple on the way! I plan to meet him tomorrow in town. Debbie from the hotel gave us a shuttle to town around 11. Breakfast from the Red Kettle was ok, but I wish I would have gotten the breakfast quesadilla which looked so much better. The rest of the town activities were mostly productive until 4, where I sat in the main town square to wait for Mayor Max. Then we were able to round up 11 thru hikers for dinner at La Casita. We split up into multiple tables in the corner and had a great time! The party continued as we moved to Idyllwild Pizza Company, where most of the place was filled with hikers! And you can tell who is a hiker because they all have puffy’s and fanny packs on. We ended the night with homemade cake baked by Violet and blondies baked by Cole’s mom.

No comments:

Post a Comment