Tuesday, April 26, 2022

Day 27

Trail miles: 21.1
Total: 341.2









Our longest day yet! It’s embarrassing the motivation we have for some trail McDonald’s, which is 1.5 mi away. Raechel says we are killing ourselves for food that will probably kill us. She also mentioned stopping at the top of a hill to see if she could see the golden arches. Guess we are already all tired of trail food. Cajon will be a nice place to stop in and get more fuel and snacks too. We have a huge hill all the way into Wrightwood with no water sources.

Today was probably my favorite day for views. We headed for the first water source near Silverwood Lake and the trail around the lake was the best thing I’ve seen yet! I couldn’t believe there was so much water out here in the desert! We saw fishermen and a girl stand up paddle boarding. And then the hills leading up to the campsite were also spectacular. Good motivation for a long day. 

We ran into a not so friendly hiker who we have seen before. The first time was when she shushed me for asked Brad a question in a public area while she was on the phone. Then she came up beside a bunch of hikers and let out the largest fart. Koa screamed “was that a fart?!” And Brad dated it a 4/10. Raechel says she thinks she’s all that because she hiked the AT last year. Well the story of today is that Raechel walked out of the bathroom and said “it’s all yours Krista” but fart girl walked straight in. We waited for like 20 minutes and she never came out. We kept hearing the sink go off and the toilet flush. It was like she was taking a sink shower in there! We gave up waiting and never got to wash our hands. Hopefully we will get the chance to do it at Cajon because hand sanitizer is not the same.

Along with the rain pants that have ripped, I now found a hole in my socks and a hole in my shoe. Guess those will all need replacing in Wrightwood. My sleeping pad has a hole in it too so I have to blow it up throughout the night, but I want to patch that if I can.





No comments:

Post a Comment