Thursday, April 28, 2022

Day 30

Trail miles: 0
Total: 369.3







Our nero turned into a zero after town chores ran too late into the day. I woke up after 5am and decided to start my laundry before everyone woke up. It turned out to be the best idea because it became very crowded after 7am. My charging block did not charge at all until I changed the chord. I’ll have to remember which one works with it now. We hung around until about 10am and said our good byes to the odd but good people of the Bud Pharm. The Mountain Hardware store luckily had rain pants and socks I could buy so I could toss my holey ones out. They also gave us free pins at the store for signing in on their hiker registration. I sent mine home in a box full of gear I don’t need. Next was the açaí bowl restaurant which was ok. I should have went for the peanut butter one. We then headed up the road for free coffee and PCT patches. Resupply went smoothly, but was very expensive considering a Snickers was $2. Still cheaper than sending a package from a previous town. We packed 5 days of food. I caved and got a heavy ready-to-go meal, but I’ll make sure to eat it first so I’m not carrying it for very long. Raechel had to send her camera forward to give her feet a break from the weight, and she drowned her sorrows with a few beers. At that point, we decided it was too late to get back on trail. Krista got in touch with a trail angel who had a cabin with enough space for the 6 of us and it is a 180 change from where we stayed at last night. I went to the cabin early to have to quiet time while the rest got dinner at the brewery. I loved having some space for myself. I turned on Shrek 2 and repacked my bag for tomorrow. It was short lived as everyone rushed through the door to claim dibs on sleeping arrangements. Krista and I are sharing the big bed! It’s too comfortable to stay up and write any more.

No comments:

Post a Comment