Saturday, April 16, 2022

Day 17

Trail miles: 12.3
Total: 193.6




It seems like we are never going to know a windless sleep again. I had to use a lot of rocks and a couple of trees to set my tent up because the tent stakes wouldn’t go down further than a couple inches.

We took an alternate route this morning to the top of San Jacinto. I am not sure how many miles this added on, maybe a couple? The app makes it difficult to read the side trail lengths and elevation. We didn’t stay too long at the top because the wind was so cold. But we got our pictures! There was a lot of snow on the way down depending on what side of the mountain the trail was on. I think this is what irritated my ankle so much, from the wobbly steps. I tried to ice it in the creek water, but snow runoff is cold and I couldn’t keep it in the water longer than 20 seconds at a time. I needed one of those feet covers they use for ice baths or winter rafting. Seemed like a short day but the elevation was tough and the 5 liter water carry might have been tougher. Tomorrow is all downhill though and the next water supply is in 10 miles. Oh and mile 200 should be coming up very soon!!

No comments:

Post a Comment