Thursday, September 29, 2022

Post trail













We had a relaxed morning before we packed up for the final time and walked over to the bakery in town. Our packs were easy to carry now and the weather was perfect, so it was a good final walk with my tramily. We were warned that the line was going to be long and it was. But the breakfast was worth it! They had chocolate croissants and bear claws. The coffee was amazing too! Someone brought out a baguette with jams, which turned out to be fantastic also. The bread was light and fluffy. Then it was time for them to leave in their hitch to Seattle. I hugged them all goodbye knowing that at least most of them weren’t too far away from home. My mom came and got me not too much later after that. We headed to the next town over where our room for the night was. We explored Winthrop which had old western vibes. We brought home drinks and snacks to watch the new House of the Dragon before bed. We also took a walk across the pedestrian bridge behind the hotel. Such a nice change from the trail. We will drive through some National Parks on the way home and try to be there before my sisters birthday in a week. Maybe I will write more about my post trail experiences, but for now farewell and thank you for following along!

No comments:

Post a Comment