Sunday, September 4, 2022

Day 154

Trail miles: 26.1
Total: 2603.9















Today was almost completely uphill. At least the first 20 miles and then one more at the end. I was pretty slow in the morning so I kept my breaks at a minimum. I had my sticky bun from the bakery to eat throughout the morning. It was alright. The blackberry pie a La mode was still the best from the bakery. I’m glad to have eaten it though since it probably weighed a pound. We crossed a highway at Rainy Pass and found trail magic at the trailhead! I got a deli sandwich and a juice. Which is good because now I wasn’t looking forward to my oatmeal. I headed out to take in the rest of the hill. It wasn’t too bad, but I’m always faster in the afternoons I think. The top had gorgeous views as always! I kept leap frogging people who were also taking photos or I would stop and then catch up to them. I’m sure it’s annoying but also they’re probably used to it. We passed 2600! Which is our final level up before the terminus. I said “here it is” as I pointed out the numbers. Lifeguard yelled, “shade!” and kept going down trail. Found out later she didn’t know I was stopping to take a photo near the numbers, she thought we were taking a break in the sun! She said she would be there for the terminus photo. We got good campsites above one of the streams around 5:00pm. Nice to get there early so maybe I’ll watch House of Dragon on my phone. I worked on some mileage to figure out where we can slack pack from to the terminus. Very exciting stuff to finally be able to get an idea of where we will be since we are within 50 miles now.

I met someone who had the exact same shoe rip as me! Must be a Hoka manufacturer problem. Another girl say mine and told me she’s seen more just like it. So I guess it is common.

No comments:

Post a Comment