Sunday, September 4, 2022

Day 155

Trail miles: 26.2
Total: 2630.1









It hasn’t happened too often on trail, but last night I couldn’t fall asleep. So I woke up pretty tired. At least the first 6 miles were downhill. Then I ate too much on our break and got nauseous on the 5 mile uphill. Hopefully that is the worst one until after Canada. We pushed pretty quickly without many breaks to get to an area where we heard had service. When we got there, we sat there for lunch. I felt very sluggish after lunch. So tired. And we barely take breaks anymore so I had to keep pushing. At least nothing was in pain today. Although I did have to take care of a big blister on the back of my heal a couple times. Now that we passed Harts Pass, we are passing all the hikers that already finished and are walking back. They are in very high spirits and always wish you congratulations, even though Brad says that’s jinxing us. It does get annoying to respond to all of them when they pass so often. We can see plumes of smoke from the wildfires pretty close by. Makes me worried they would close the trail down and make us turn around before we reach the terminus.

No comments:

Post a Comment