Saturday, March 21, 2020

Just another Saturday

We would be flying out to San Diego right now if it weren't for the current state of the country. It's 8:00 pm and Kiersten and I are trying to operate a pressure cooker for the first time. A few hours ago I went through all my resupply kits and separated the food that will last until next year (dehydrated meals in vacuum sealed bags) and snacks that will expire in a few months. At least I won't have to go to Walmart to refill my snack drawer at work for a bit. And sadly, I added a year onto the countdown widget on my phone; it went from two days to 367 days.


But here are some things I am looking forward to this summer:

  • white water kayaking
  • the big blue swimming hole hike
  • camping at coopers rock and Ohiopyle
  • working another year and saving money
  • Indy 500 (depending on the lockdown timing)
  • biking with my mom, maybe the Gap trail!
  • a trip to Pictured Rocks in Michigan
  • a trip to the Smoky Mountains in Gatlinburg 
  • Women Who Hike Ohio meetups

No comments:

Post a Comment