Monday, March 23, 2020

Back at work

My last day on the payroll was last Wednesday and the PCTA sent out the request for hikers to postpone his or her thru hike on Thursday night. Immediately I sent an email to my old supervisor explaining the situation and asking to come back and work for a year. I got the call Friday saying I could mark down Thursday and Friday as vacation days and come to work Monday as if I had never even left. A perfect example of why you should always leave your job on a good note.
Since I am back where I left off, I'll be able to use my 3 weeks of vacation time this year! Well, once the social distancing is over. Brad started work today as well and Raechel was able to not only get her old job back, but work remotely so she could stay at home! That means I'll still have my hiking buddies nearby. I can't believe it was just a month ago when we were all cheering each other on to quit our jobs and now it's the complete opposite. 



No comments:

Post a Comment