Wednesday, January 29, 2020

Winter Overnighter

A couple weekends ago, the four of us hiked on the Loyalsock Trail in eastern PA. We intended to hike the whole 25 mile loop, but after a 22F night we decided to go back to the cars. We figured we learned enough with one night and there was no reason to suffer another. The biggest issue was my sleep system still not keeping me warm. I'll have to give in eventually and go back to a mummy bag. The other big issue was how wet my feet were after hiking in 6 inches of snow. Even though our feet stayed mostly warm from the hiking, Brad and I wore plastic bags the second day to try and keep our feet dry. Will have to work on a more permanent solution in the future. I'm thankful for Raechel's fire that night to keep us toasty while eating dinner, and their three person tent to snuggle into when I was not warm enough.

No comments:

Post a Comment