Tuesday, January 7, 2020

Entry into Canada through the PCT

Pending all things go right, I will complete my thru hike at the northern boarder of the US. But the journey does not end there, because the trail ends in the middle of the woods. The two options to make my way back to town, and eventually an airport, are to walk 8.8 miles into Manning Park in Canada or backtrack 30 miles to Harts Pass in the US. Of course I hope to walk the shorter distance (and to see what's in Canada!) but it requires a permit to legally enter the US on foot. The application reviewers turn away anyone who has a misdemeanor in the past 10 years (don't worry mom I don't have one). If I get accepted, I'll have my mom ship the permit in my last resupply box before the boarder and keep it and my passport on my person in case of random hiker checks. Oh and to fly home eventually... maybe after a trip to Banff, who knows!

No comments:

Post a Comment