Thursday, September 26, 2019

Gear

The most frustrating part of the prepping process is getting gear and then realizing you hate it. I only learned I wanted a fanny pack with zippers inside when I used my LiteAF fanny pack and didn't know where to put my spare memory cards. Every time I went to take my phone out of my shoulder strap on the West Rim Trail, my wallet came right out with it and onto the ground. No way I need to worry about that or anything else getting left behind.
I will be documenting my experience on a camera and, as per usual, I can't decide which camera I will be taking. My Nikon 3400 is too heavy, my Yi4K action camera does not have the right look, and my Sony a6400 has a crop sensor with no image stabilization. I may upgrade to the Sony a7ii for the trip, (maybe even buy a drone) but I'm sure I'll change my mind 10 more times.
Last big change is my pack. I keep going back and forth on whether I want a frameless back or not. Right now I have the Zpacks Arc Blast and one of the straps on the back digs into my shoulder blade. It doesn't touch my back if the frame is arced, but I will look into something else if I am still having problems.

No comments:

Post a Comment